Zak Sztor Nutritionist Family Kitchen
Bondi Junction Sydney Nutritionist: Lentil Soup Recipe
Bondi Junction Sydney Nutritionist- My lentil soup recipe is a powerhouse, it is loaded with nutrients, protein, healthy carbohydrates and fibre.
Ingredients For My Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 leek (pale part only), thinly sliced
- 1 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (200g) green or brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1L (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Handful cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
The Steps To Make My Lentil Soup Recipe
Step 1:Wash your hands.
Step 2:Place all the ingredients you need in front of you.
Step 3:Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Step 4:Add the leek, carrot and celery, then cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened.
Step 5:Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
Step 6: Add the lentils and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 1 hour, skimming the surface occasionally, until the lentils are tender.
Step 7:Add the tomato, cannellini beans, coriander, paprika and some salt and pepper to the pan, then cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 20 minutes or until soup is thick
Step 8:Taste for spices and seasoning, then stir in half the parsley.
Step 9:Divide soup among shallow bowls and top with remaining parsley, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
If your need any more recipes please feel free to check out Zak’s Kitchen.