Zak Sztor Personal Trainer
With over 12 years of experience being qualified as a personal trainer, tabata training or high intensity interval training (HIIT), short burst of exercises followed by an even shorter burst of rest, is my choice of exercise style when it comes to getting fit, burning fat, or toning up if you time poor.
Tabata training was designed by Japanese scientist Dr. Izumi Tabata and his team of sports researcher at the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo.
Start by gathering all your equipment, this will save time when you start the tabata workout. Organise your stations, and plan ahead for the tabatta workout, this will minimise any long pauses which may slow you down when you get started.
The duration of the workout depending on time will last between 30 – 45 minutes.
Each circuit will last 45 seconds of exercise followed by 15 seconds of rest then you move on to the next station.After all the stations are complete rest for 90 seconds then start again.
The Tabata Workout:
Station 1: Push Up’s
Station 3:TRX suspension straps
Station 4: Plank
Station 5: upright Row
Station 6: Clam
This is what you will need to do today’s workout:
- 1 x matt for push upsDeadlift gear ( Barbell, dumbells KB, take your pick or what every is available)
- TRX Suspension straps ( Set them up so the handles are flush with your armpits)
- 1 x Matt for side plank ( Use the same matt for the plank)
- KB for Upright row ( Or Barbell)
Key Points To Remember Post Tabata Workout
- Drinking at least 500 mis of water
- Eating post workout is one of the most important things you can do after you have exercised, and here is why…Soon as you have finished your workout, with your personal trainer, or group fitness class it prime time for your muscles to build and to replenish your energy stores. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body will burn, even when you are resting. This should help your weight loss efforts. Think about having my post workout Healthy Breakfast Smoothie.
If you enjoyed this workout and need a new one check out Workouts